Application Timeline and Process
Siblings have first priority for placement in our Kindergarten program for the following fall term.
*Kindergarten assessments begin in January for the following fall term.
*Registration Materials are due according to the ISSFBA calendar or one week after the child’s acceptance if this occurs outside of the regular time frame. Hilldale School is a member of the Independent Schools of the San Francisco Bay Area (ISSFBA) and abides by all of its rules and procedures.
APPLICATION DUE DATES:
- Applications are due on January 15th for all new students.
- Sibling applications are due on December 15th.
KINDERGARTEN – EIGHTH GRADE (K-8) DUE DATES:
- K-8 students will be notified of acceptances on Thursday, March 18th, 2021 at 12:00 p.m. via email.
- K-8 DECISION WEEK is March 18 through March 24, 2021.
– Parents will have one week to make a decision, return their paperwork and deposit.
– Our Admissions Committee respects your right to make a decision during this week and will not contact you. You are welcome to reach out to us.
- K-8 registration is due on March 25, 2021 at 10 AM.
The application process for prospective families is as follows. Please note that numbers 1-6 (as applicable) must be completed and received prior to the application deadline:
- Sign up for a tour of the school facility by clicking HERE. Or, if you prefer, please call 650-756-4737 or email email@example.com.
- Complete the Prospective Parent Informational Form.
- Download, Complete, and Submit the Kindergarten application or the 1st-8th Grade application.
- Sign & Email your child’s current teacher the the K – 1st Gr. teacher recommendation form or the 2nd-8th Gr. teacher recommendation form.
– The teacher must complete and send it directly to the school by email, fax, or mail. If a parent sends or delivers the form, it will not be accepted.
- Submit a $100 application/ assessment fee.
Checks can be made out to “Hilldale School” or you may pay via paypal (below).
- First through Eighth Grade applicants must submit the following official documents:*
Results of standardized testing (Scores from SAT, ACT, CAT, IOWA, STAR, SBAC, etc.)
Results of any educational or behavioral testing
Any report cards or transcripts from at least the past two school years.**
- Once all elements of the application are received, the office will contact you to schedule a classroom visit, should we be able to offer an assessment to your child.
If we cannot provide an assessment for your child, the fee will be returned to you.
- After the classroom visit, your child may be invited to complete an academic and aptitude assessment with the principal (separate from the classroom visit).
Entering 1st – 8th grade students are assessed in reading, writing, vocabulary, and math to determine placement. They must show that they are able to benefit from a grade-ahead curriculum.
- After the assessment, parents may be invited to interview with the principal.
*If your child has not taken any standardized tests or behavioral tests, you may disregard this requirement.
**Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. If your school requires a transcript release form, you may download it here.
Pay Application Fee with PayPal or Credit Card - $100.00
Note: Application Fees are not refundable
|Child's Full Name:|